The recent outcries and Public campaigns for and against same-sex marriage have been heightened at a dilemma from both sides but the affects on future children are ignored by recent movements of LGBT and same sex couples. When you mention a nuclear family, you often have the typical image of two parents and two children in mind, but are nuclear families on the verge of been instinct, considering in mind the high divorce rates, increase in homosexuality and the acceptation of gay marriages in society. Has the typical nuclear family which once stabilized the society been replaced with something much more stable. But then the other alternative would be that has the decrease of nuclear families in a matter of fact caused breakdown in family and communities throughout.
The ‘nuclear family’ was the perfect fit for capitalism and the culture of individualism and wealth. Handy little self-contained units collecting lots of stuff for their little houses, their only financial commitment being to consume, without the hassle of extended commitments but in the past decades nuclear families have gone through major changes in their structure caused by divorce and any more reasons often leading to single-parent families, remarriages, and resulting in extended families. Extension of families are a bad thing, but in the ideal recession lack of morals we live in it could be the ultimate hold to stability.
This is where the biased comes in, because we often associate the perfect nuclear family as having a male and female parent, and not of the same-sex. This can cause a lot of controversy for certain individuals or groups of people, In today’s society gay people, transgenders and all feminists are interested in ‘undermining the nuclear family model’ and it’s not surprisingly why they do so. However if we tend to favor a few minority of people we start alienating the major back forces of these ideologies in the first place, who are very traditionalists or even religious sectors. The fraction of religions in the world mainly Christianity, Islam and Judaism go against these beliefs, there very foundation relies on male and female creation, the belief that family unit should consists of a male and female parent only. So where is the balance to keep all fractions satisfied. Well there isn’t a balance and this is a huge problem we face in the 21st century. Why?, because we see a lot in favor of the same-sex, current movements and peoples rights have given a wave of new laws getting passed without any justification or concern on children but the person(s), who are a very minority.
- Some advocates of gay politics have the ambition destroy to the traditional nuclear family, well what’s left of it that is.
- We live In a society where Court backs gay marriage and says divorce may strengthen family life. Lord Wilson, of the Supreme Court, says “divorce may strengthen family life” and Hitler was good for the Jews and Stalin good for Russia and global warming is good for flooding in the world. Hence is it any wonder the countries are going down the pan, when these people have permeated the highest levels in the judiciary to shamelessly preach and promote their warped views of the world.
- The promotion of homosexuality in the open, from sports to the very media that controls our lives. The typical American sitcom ‘The modern’ is a feeding ground to these issue in open of two gay men who adopt a little girl as their own thus promoting that this is the perfect family in the world we live in and its okay to do so and to accept it as a new norm
- Controversial multiple studies with no strong evidence to show children with LGBT and same sex parents are no worse off than those with heterosexual parents, leaving opponents of of different-sex marriage on shaky ground.
- The rise of LGBT community and gay/lesbian marriages gives them a strong footing on some major laws when it comes to raising children as their ultimate right(s).
However you may argue that the decline of the traditional nuclear family may not be a bad thing after all. After all in a fragmented society, many people are living isolated lives as it is, impoverished lives where they don’t even speak to their neighbors where children are begging to be placed in stabilized home when living a life in foster care. It may be so, never the less the nuclear family has its advantages.
- The nuclear families are usually a well maintained economical family
- Financial Stability Equals More Opportunity
- Children who are provided with these types of opportunities are more likely do better academically and socially, as well as develop confidence and time management skills
- Children who have both stability and consistency in their lives are more likely to behave positively, do better in school and become more involved in community and extracurricular activities
- Not forgetting it has been going since the start of mankind hence the foundation of religious beliefs.
Homosexuality and acceptance of same-sex marriages is not the only reason for the nuclear family breakdown. Now days the natural family has been replaced by the liberal democratic family where the newly elected “parent” moves in and the natural parent moves out. Hence the divorce rates and remarriages, leading to step parents, step children and half siblings. It fragments the family into bits all over, destabilizing the family as a whole. Remember a two parent families, whether married or not, tend to be more stable than a single parent, multi-generational family or of the same-sex. Although there was a recent study showing that there was “no evidence” to support the claim that children’s masculine or feminine tendencies were affected by having gay or lesbian parents, nor were the quality of their family relationships significantly different however studies cannot give the outcome for future movements as it takes years for the effects to occur on the next generation. Even though it was widely condemned at first the fact is that governments at the top and certain movement whether political movements or not has placed same-sex parents as a priority and are now widely accepted than that of different sex parents. in a matter of fact condemning than not only places you in fault but can cause legal actions taken against you, but is that biased towards those that believe in having different sex parent, yes it is very biased and the very question of free speech and right of religious thoughts are thrown out the window. The affects of certain movements is not only on the community but the children themselves are at the forefront, and this is a potential issue for children who have been adopted by a gay couples or LGBT’S for instance because the relationship model is outside the usual social norm, so socializing when they become adults may become a task for them itself. It is widely correct to say that no two female couples can ever replace a father figure as role and no two male couples can ever become mother figures, as nature does has its way because no matter what society does and what we want, nature has its way of preserving what is rightfully right and what is wrong.
Society only accepts what it is taught and the more power these feminists and the global political correct elite gain in society, the less decent, the less compassionate and the more decadent society will become. If certain laws are passed from high officials giving the green light, the wider the phenomenal will be. It surprises me that more is done to accept the change as it is and less is done to encourage the development of nuclear families.
Published and written by Maria’m AS (editor)